The very lovely Sarah over at Raiin-Monkey tagged me in The Christmas Tag. Head over to her blog to read her festive answers! I was also tagged by Aimee from See The Universe, head to her blog to read her answers as well!
1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until last minute?
It depends how organised I am to be honest. In fact, it often depends on when I get paid! As I’ve been off sick since September and confined to my bed, I’ve done all my shopping online. I did get myself one or two Christmas treats on Black Friday though.
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be?
Hmm, I think Jingle All The Way (read about my favourite Christmas movies in this post). I love the film and I think I could have got to that last Turbo Man easily!
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Probably Christmas day, I work full time for a 365 day NHS service so unless I have annual leave I’m usually working on Christmas Eve. When we were little, me and my brother did the traditional leaving a mince pie and brandy out for Father Christmas. My family have never been one of those families who do games and frivolity on the big day, but I love the atmosphere of the day in general.
4. When does your family (or you) put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
When we were children, the tree always went up a couple of weeks before Christmas. My mum and dad would attend my dad’s work dinner & dance. My grandma and grandad would stay and we’d put the tree up then. Grandma would hover behind us when we put decorations on the tree and rearrange them! In our house now, I would usually put my decorations up the first weekend in December. This year we aren’t having any decorations at all though. I’m a bit sad about that.
5. White lights or coloured lights?
I like both. We had coloured lights on my tree until last year when I swapped them for white lights. I really don’t like blue lights though. They just aren’t very festive!
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
Me and my brother had a Christmas tradition where we would search the house for the presents. We would never find them though. I tend to drop big hints about what I’d like so I tend not to peek these days!
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa’s workshop?
Santa’s workshop. I hate gingerbread and as a Coeliac I think a house made of the stuff would make me very ill!
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
We don’t really have any to be honest. As children we would leave a mince pie and a brandy out for Father Christmas. Nowadays we always go to my mum and dads and have a takeaway or a meal together.
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
My lovely husband of course!
10. What tops your Christmas tree?
I big sparkly white star!
11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
Nope. I can always remember the “FIVE GOLD RINGS” part though, which you have to yell when you sing that part. I think there might be some chickens and maids and a duck of some kind.
12. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?
Never. I also hide from the ones that knock on the door!
13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days left?
I’ve always had an advent calendar. I’m not fussed about the chocolate, I just like to open the doors! I open the doors on Neil’s as well. I do have a Body Shop Beauty calendar this year as well – I love it.
14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
We always have a proper Christmas dinner. I’m fussy about vegetables and have only recently accepted them though. I like there to be lots of cheese at Christmas as well. I don’t really eat chocolate, but walnuts are a festive staple for me!
15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you’ve grown older?
I love Christmas. I adore the magic of the season and seeing all the lights and trees in windows. Having good memories of the season has always kept it magical for me.
I’d like to thank Sarah and Aimee again for the tag.