The beautiful and spooky Sarah over at Raiin-Monkey tagged me in this Halloween tag and as today is the day in question, I thought I would get it written and posted.
(1) What’s your favourite horror or Halloween-themed song?
Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell is probably my favourite Halloween-themed song. It’s good to sing along too! I was thrilled when I saw it was one of Sarah’s favourites as well.
(2) Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or adandoned building.
I’m pretty sensible and have watched a lot of serial killer dramas and read lots of thriller/horror genre books so I definitely wouldn’t be daft enough to find myself in a dark forest or an abandoned building to encounter anything terrifying in the first place!
(3) Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Not a proper one, but when I was in school in year 8 (so I would have been 13 or 14) a big group of girls in the class turned all the lights out and made a Ouija board out of bits of paper sellotaped onto the table. It then erupted into a huge fight between two of the girls as one group had allegedly stole the other groups spirit (I know, right?) which ended up in the corridor outside our classroom with one of the girls slamming the other girls head into the locker and allegedly (not proved thus far) bit her “in the fanny”.
(4) Favourite horror monster or villain?
I am a huge wuss about horror films so I tend not to watch them as they terrify me. I would say that I read a book called “Head Full of Ghosts” by Paul Tremblay – the two girls who are the main characters of the story are both pretty terrifying (read my review here).
(5) What’s the creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I don’t really know to be honest, nothing particularly creepy in a spooky kind of way has happened to me. My life is pretty uneventful lol.
(6) If you were dared to spend the night in a ‘haunted house’, would you do it?
No – I have watched movies. You are not getting me in there to be murdered by a vengeful spirit that turns out to be the maniac who used to live there that isn’t really dead.
(7) Are you superstitous?
Not really no. I won’t put new shoes on the table though, partly it is a hygiene thing and partly I get it from my mum who never ever puts new shoes on the table because it’s bad luck. I also don’t walk under ladders but thats just common sense.
(8) Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Yes – more objects than figures though and sadly it is a migraine trigger rather than anything spooky! It happens just before I lose my peripheral vision and sink into a migraine.
(9) Which urban legend scares you the most?
I don’t think I know any really. Although I am a firm believer in not hanging your foot over the edge of the bed.
(10) Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Oh my god. Neither. Haha.
(11) Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
I really don’t. Although I am fascinated by alternate realities similiar to Stranger Things and my all time favourite gaming franchise – Silent Hill.
(12) Ever made a potion of any sort?
Nope. Sorry guys, I’m rubbish at Halloween.
(13) Do you get scared easily?
Yes. Very easily, I have a really active imagination. I’m not scared of spooky things, but I get myself worked up and scared about every day things.
(14) Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Hah, no. I remember this being a big thing in school though, especially in the science block toilets which I never really understood because the building was really modern and less than 5 years old! It would have made more sense for Bloody Mary to hang out in the art block because that was really old and previously a blind institute – which actually had it’s own legend about a girl called Matilda who had taken a fatal tumble down 6 storeys. We used to enjoy convincing new girls that if you stood at the bottom of the stairs and span in a circle 6 times the ghostly figure of Matilda would tumble to her death and a blood stain would appear on the carpet.
(15) Do you believe in demons/the devil?
(16) You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Panic. I convince myself I can hear things all the time when I’m on my own.
(17) If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
Hmm. Maybe an end of the world type thing. I’d try to keep my head down and survive!
(18) If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
I’d be a unicorn – I have a really cosy unicorn onesie that I would just wear all the time.
(19) Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
No and honestly I find it a little disrespectful that people treat them like their own creepy, horror themed playgrounds.
(20) In a zombie apocalyse, what is your weapon of choice?
Something long distance and with unlimited ammuntion!
(21) Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Neither. I’d rather stay in my house with the curtains drawn whilst eating the sweets meant for the trick or treaters.
(22) You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
Hah, probably the killer. Or the smart one who turns rogue.
(23) Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Yes. I wouldn’t watch one at night anyway but I’d have to counteract the fear lol.
(24) Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
I stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes!
(25) Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
I like to make my husband jump. Apparently I can be pretty sneaky so I’m always making him jump!
(26) Favourite scary book?
I read a book once about dolls that came to life and killed you. It had to go in the freezer when I was finished just to be safe.
(27) How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
Pretty young, maybe 12, 13. We watched a bootleg copy of The Blair Witch Project and when I say bootleg, I mean it was literally recorded in the cinema and you could see people keep getting up to go to the toilet!
(28) What was your first Halloween costume?
Black bag witch I expect. There is a picture of me floating around wearing a mask that I’d obviously made at school though!
(29) What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
I’m going to be in my pyjamas. I am still bed bound so not going anywhere!
(30) If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
Well I already have the most halloweeny pet – my gorgeous black cat Bea!
I’d like to thank Sarah again for the tag. Don’t forget to head over to her website to read her much more spookier answers than mine!